|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
Need Help? Please refer to the frequently asked questions below for help with your HeNe Laser System or component.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find the user manual for my laser system?
- To search for the manual that corresponds to your specific laser model click Here.
Are REO laser products CE/RoHs compliant?
- All REO laser systems, with the exception of model numbers 30602 and 30603, are CE and RoHS compliant.
My laser is not turning on. What should I do?
- Check to make sure that the unit is receiving power. Check power outlet to make sure it is live. Make sure laser system is plugged into outlet.
If the laser system you bought is IR (1.15, 1.52, 3.39, and dual wavelength models) the visible emissions of the laser will be a dim purple-colored light that diverges rapidly. The invisible beam can only be detected with a suitable IR detector.
- Is the shutter in the open position? If the shutter is closed the laser beam will not be seen. The illustration to the right shows the most common shutter type but please refer to the user manual for your individual system as shutter types do vary.
- Check to see if the remote interlock pin is inserted correctly. Reference the user manual for your specific remote interlock type and location.
- Check to see if the power supply is configured correctly. Reference the user manual on how to reconfigure the input voltage to either 115/230 VAC. This does not apply to all models.
- Check to make sure that the HV connector is fully inserted.
Why am I seeing unusual power fluctuations when running my laser?
- Using polarized components with a randomly polarized laser results in power fluctuations.
- Large environmental temperature variations can cause power fluctuations. Check the area around the laser to ensure that the temperature remains stable. Most likely causes for sporadic temperature variations are fans, AC units, and heaters.
Why is my stabilized laser not locking properly?
- Ensure that no retro-reflections are entering the laser aperture as they can destabilize and unlock the stabilized laser.
- Large and/or rapid environmental temperature variations can cause the laser to destabilize and unlock. Check the area around the laser to ensure that the temperature remains stable. Most likely causes for sporadic temperature variations are fans, AC units, and heaters.
What is the direction of polarization of my laser?
- For linearly polarized laser models, the polarization is defined by the line connecting the output aperture and the shutter screw.
What are the exact vacuum wavelengths of HeNe lasers?
- Wavelengths in nm (varies by model):
What is the linewidth of my laser?
- The instantaneous linewidth of a single longitudinal (axial) mode is on the order of a few KHz.
- As the cavity is thermally perturbed, the frequency of a single longitudinal mode will change as the length of the cavity changes
- Depending on the length of the cavity, more than one longitudinal mode may be supported. The free spectral range (FSR) gives the spacing between longitudinal modes. If the FSR is less than the linewidth of the transition, more than one longitudinal mode is supported by the laser.
Why are REO laser tubes made of steel?
- Historically REO made these tubes to be integrated into particle measuring systems. The stainless steel tube provided a robust mechanical solution. Furthermore, REO's unique design provides a larger cathode area than all-glass tubes, and a lower Helium diffusion rate provide longer lifetimes.
What is so great about REO HeNe Mirrors?
- REO polishes and coats its own laser mirrors in-house. This allows us to employ a variety of specialized techniques in both substrate polishing and thin film coating that minimize scatter and absorption, and yield very high reflectivity. Since the mirrors are the most critical components in a HeNe laser resonator, the result is maximum power for a given laser size, long operational lifetime, high stability and outstanding reliability. Better Mirrors = Better Lasers!
Can REO lasers be fiber coupled?
- REO's unique tube construction allows for an excellent direct mechanical coupling, resulting in superior alignment and mechanical stability for fiber coupled applications.
The laser I've been using in my application is no longer available, can REO help?
- We'd love to talk! Please email your requirements here: firstname.lastname@example.org (please include: quantity, wavelength, power, beam diameter, beam divergence, and physical dimensions required)
What safety glasses should I use?
- Please refer to the chart below for recommended eyewear optical density, maximum permissible exposure, and nominal ocular hazard distance by part number.
- If you have any further questions, please contact us for additional information and consult your site safety officer.